The bookkeeper is a member of the accounting team, providing proactive bookkeeping services to free up time for accountants and clients. The bookkeeper works alongside the accountants and partners to provide clients with accurate records, timely notification and systematic processes to deliver the client’s core compliance and bookkeeping activities.
- Bank Reconciliations in Xero.
- Prepare GST returns in Xero and update workflow.
- Requesting information from Client’s. i.e. Client queries.
- Setting up of Xero organisations.
- Training clients and new users on Xero capabilities.
- Customising Xero where applicable.
Virtual Finance Function
- Management of cash flow for clients.
- Input of Accounts Payable and statement reconciliation.
- Input of Accounts Receivable.
- Chasing of Accounts Receivable.
- Process payroll in various software. E.g. Xero, iPayroll and Smart Payroll.
- Calculate final pays if applicable.
- Payroll support for clients.
- Payroll advice for accounting team and/or clients.
Month End Tasks
- Reporting of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheets.
- Entering fixed assets and maintaining the register.
- Journal entries.
- Preparation of more comprehensive monthly management reports.
Ad hoc Assistance
- Correcting others mistakes and cleaning up mess.
- Getting hands-on to get a backlog of work up to date and accurate.
- Reconciliations. E.g. Xero or Excel.
- Data entry. E.g. Bank statements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bookkeeping or accounts experience.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles and general ledger management.
- Xero certified.
- Open and collaborative working style.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly effective relationship management skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.